All students at SUNY ESF have two primary sets of credentials: the ESFiD and the SU NetID.
They are used as following, and managed by respective school resources:
The MyESF portal is where you find...
- curriculum plan sheets (including first semester courses for which you are pre-registered)
- grade reports
- FERPA waiver (manage who sees your information)
- personal financial aid details
- meal plan and housing information
- emergency contact information (you should add or modify if needed)
Log in with your ESFiD (username) and the password you create.
MyESF student portal
The SU MySlice portal is where you...
- find and register for classes — NOTE: all new students are fully pre-registered for the first semester at ESF and schedules should be viewed on MyESF
- make changes to your course schedule — add and drop courses
- obtain a parking permit (off-campus students)
Log in with your SU NetID (username) and the password you created.
MySlice student portal
The SUNY portal is where you:
- Submit electronic time sheets
- Report absences
Choose Envir Sci & Forestry from the campus pull-down menu then log in with your ESFiD (username) and the password you created.
SUNY Time and Attendance
Your official ESF student email will be your @syr.edu email account. The part to the left of the @ symbol is also your SU NetID and ESFiD. The reason ESF students have an @syr.edu email relates to ESF's information technology partnership with Syracuse University.
You will also have access to an @esf.edu email, but it will not be used for official campus communications.
- Your @syr.edu email password is your SU NetID password (not your SUID Number).
- If you have forgotten your SU NetID password, you can reset it here.
SU ID Number
This is the 9-digit number that will be on your school ID Card.
12345-6789 (Ignore any hyphen or additional number that follows these 9 numbers)
- You need your SUID to activate your SU NetID and set up your ESFiD.
- The SUID number is your most important personal identifier. You will need it for a variety of forms, online and off.
- The SUID number is not part of any lasting log-in credential (username or password).
- Your ID card, however, is essential for access to facilities and services. Always carry it.