ESF has begun rolling out Multi-Factor authentication (MFA) to many campus services, with more coming soon. The College is using a system called DUO MFA, which requires the use of a smart phone/device to receive authorization requests. If you are attempting to use a DUO-secured application through the college, please be sure you have stepped through the setup process outlined below to receive 'MFA push notifications' to your mobile device. On some systems, 6-digit codes may also be allowed:
- From the App-Store, Search for 'Duo Mobile' and carefully select to get the correct 'Security Made Simple' App:
- Follow the prompts on our https://secure.esf.edu website - using your ESFiD credentials to login on the Duo Setup Login page:
- Point your modile app/camera at the QR code that will be displayed on the proceeding web page. The camera may ask for permission to launch the DUO app to register your phone. Once you see a 6-digit code displayed in the DUO Mobile app window, you are set up.
That's it! You've successfully registered and can use Push Notifications to verify your sign in to systems protected by DUO.
- If you do not have a mobile device connected to the ESF wireless network, a number generating token (One Time Password token) can be obtained at the CNS helpdesk in 317 Baker Labs.
- The deadline for enrolling is July 12, 2021. If you do not enroll by that date, you will not be able to access the systems listed above until you enroll in ESF's DUO.
- If you enroll prior to the deadline, many of the system listed above will require that you begin using DUO right away.