Marshall Hall was the second major building built in 1938 matching Bray in the neoclassical architectural style. Marshall Hall is named for Louis Marshall. Mr. Marshall was our College's first Board of Trustees President. Named after Louis Marshall, a renowned constitutional lawyer who was responsible for creating interest in preserving the Adirondacks. Marshall was instrumental in founding ESF, and was named the first president of the College Board of Trustees (1911-1929). Marshall Hall is the home to the departments of landscape architecture, forest and natural resources management, and environmental studies.