The general procedure for setting up a Smart Phone or Tablet to use the new ESF mail system is as follows:
- Remove your current settings (varies by make/model of phone).
- Add a new email account.
- Identify the account as an Exchange account (if available).
- If asked for a Web/server address, use: outlook.esf.edu
- If asked, SSL is required
- Enter your email address and password.
- If asked for your username enter it as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org (iPhone/iPod/iPad) or ESFADMIN\username (Windows mobile/Droid)
- If asked, re-synchronize your device with the server
Most mobile devices will Autodiscover the correct settings for the ESF mail system. The discovery process may take up to 2 minutes. When this process is complete your device should correctly sync mail, calendar, and contacts. For some Android phones, synchronizing Contacts may pull entire campus directory into your phone.
*The campus staff email server is not accessible via the campus guest wifi network.
For SU Mail, ESF Students and select staff, please see SU's information site for users of SUmail for further details.